The Moment It Hit Me

It has been 8 months since it hit me. What hit me? Where I relocated to.I moved to Tucson 11 months ago and have never been able to find anything near where I live. ShopFromHomepage was created to provide merchants the opportunity to let us know where they are: the site is undergoing construction, so enjoy the entertainment for now!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

When the plane landed I had no idea where2go.

That's not the best way to start a year and for me 2006 began like this. You see I left Houston, my home, for a few months to visit Tucson. When the plane landed, I realized that I had no idea where2go in this city: I have not been here for more than 2 days in the past 5 years. I did know where I was going to live for awhile and that was in north Tucson in the hills.

As usual with any new city I or anyone else goes to, you have to learn your surroundings: what stores, doctors, etc. are available near you. After a week or so, I found a few places to remember, but not many. Where were some places to eat?? There are like no restaurants or Pizza places up here! I go through the phone book and , no, they don't have a Papa's pizza, ok, how about Little Caesar? Once again, as in Houston and other cities, you really can not find stores unless you search the yellow pages, then try and figure out where that is.....who is close by. Then guess what, there is a phone number you can call and get limited information from someone who was busy talking to their significant other.

Ever since I learned about the Internet and WWW, which I thought was the World Wide Wrestling maniacs, it seemed that the information highway would solve many problems: and it has, but not this one!

So while trying to figure out where2go, it dawned on me that a good idea would be to check a map of Tucson and find my options; my options were limited to non existent. That's when it hit me.

You know you want to do something, find something...not an unusual problem, it's happened to me so many times before but this one time it was different. I looked up and I suddenly knew what I had to do!

So Shop From Homepage was born........ I guess it was going to be up to Edmond to find the answer of where2shop, where2eat, where2go in this city and others I go to, and then maybe some more. I also figured that the business I would frequent would be the business that want to make it easy on me and fun by advertising on a map so I and others can look and see who and what is where we want2go.

I guess it sound simple. It's only simple by default. How come no one else has thought of it before?

So, hello world, it has begun! Online shopping will never be the same again - ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home