The Moment It Hit Me

It has been 8 months since it hit me. What hit me? Where I relocated to.I moved to Tucson 11 months ago and have never been able to find anything near where I live. ShopFromHomepage was created to provide merchants the opportunity to let us know where they are: the site is undergoing construction, so enjoy the entertainment for now!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Work, work, work.....number 9, number 9, ...........

Wasted, wasted time......with that said, it is time to shift. Time is what has been compelling me. Time is up, where did it go, I need more time. Sometimes when there is an abundance, ideas have the opportunity to propogate, and as I have mentioned, this happened to me several months back. You see, time is indeed precious, frustration is not, opportunity is precious, and capitulation is not. You can tell I feel the pressure. All my work building up and up and up ... to this moment! Now!

When I came to Tucson, the whole scenario of learning the layout of my new, yet temporary digs, prompted me to determine the best way to locate the outlets for goods and services that I may need. Getting a "lay of the land" so to speak. But how does that happen? I had no intention of driving in an ever expanding circle taking notes, or memorizing the phone book (like that would do a lot of good! Wasted time remember?) Frustration began to invade My Space. Then, it hit, I was going to create a map and use it. Maps make perfect sense to locate something, and if the vendors/merchants of the fair city would identify themselves, then I would know who and what is where!

Simplicity itself. An idea born out of frustration. And it took over! And here I am. Now I know what I would do with my map: when I found a business that I had an interest in, I could enter the store from the ever so convenient computer in my home. By simply "clicking" on the location I could access the website any time of my choosing. And to top that off, I could bookmark it for future reference! What a concept! Now I just need to find business of interest on the map!

Simple! Simple! Simple! And now it just has to take off! I mean if you're a merchant and you have a store you want your business to be on the map. Right?

Business needs visibility. It's all about being in the right place at the right time. Someone wants your services, you pop up in their radar. Right? Ok. I know it makes sense. I know it's the right kind of advertising at just the right price. So what does it need to take off?

Advertising! the same as any other business!

Ok. Ok. the publicity machine has begun its gentle roll. I just need it to pick up speed now.

That's all it needs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home