The Moment It Hit Me

It has been 8 months since it hit me. What hit me? Where I relocated to.I moved to Tucson 11 months ago and have never been able to find anything near where I live. ShopFromHomepage was created to provide merchants the opportunity to let us know where they are: the site is undergoing construction, so enjoy the entertainment for now!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Today I received a message suggesting that I should talk about current events, my problems, your problems, the weather: I say screw that. Every blog I go to is someone talking about their mom who no longer likes the double wide she lives in. Hurricane Rita, damn, when will that blow away? My problems? Do you really want to hear mine when I'm sure you have your own. Now if Dr. Phil wanted to talk with me about my problems, then that would be a different story; but he's not. There are millions of screwed up people standing in line to have someone tell them what others have for years.

No, I am going to talk about 2 things today. First is Friday night's premier of "Lex Luthor Presents". Lex is out of town again so the brunt of all this falls on me: big surprise. Second, ShopFromHomepage.com: another concise definition of an idea that was designed to help everyone. (It was discussed several doors down at Dr. B's over the weekend).

Ok, Friday night. Lex has been firming up some of the people that expressed an interest and have now confirmed that they will be attending. All production efforts are now the sole responsibility of me so posting will be short. I have much to do and I just hope that a lot of bloggers show up. The broadcast, when it is over, is scheduled to be pulled. So if you missed it and planned on seeing it later, you are in for a surprise. Transcripts and or viewing privileges will cost $5.00 and a PayPal account is on the site. Please feel free to contribute as we are a young company and will be able to bear all expenses once more people observe point number 2.

#2) ShopFromHomepage.com What is it? If you did not read the interview from the weekend, I will sum it all up. SFH is an advertising company that was designed for the local business merchants: inexpensive advertising that will give them an edge against the majors and therefore get more business and maybe stay in business.

SFH is also designed for us, the customer. If we want or need to shop in a specific part of town, we can look at the map and mouse over to get a glimpse of what merchants are there and which of them wants business. We can then click on the location and enter the website and have all the information they want us to have. We now know who we can use now or in the future in this part of town.

That's about it. Could that help you? And I am speaking to both the merchant and you the customer. I know it can. So if you are a merchant and need business and want to be available to people in need, then get on the map! Customers, if you cannot find shopping in an area and you know of someone that needs business, tell them to get on the map.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home